Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mile 2,811: Breckenridge, Colorado!!!!!

When I crossed the Colorado Border, after 90 degrees weather driving through Kansas (Global Warming, anyone?), it was still pretty warm. It was pretty dark, and after 7 or 8 hours of driving I was tired, and ready to bed down in a Denver motel. I was startled by a few things tumbling across the highway, and when I looked closer, I realized that they were tumbleweed. I'm like - tumbleweed in Colorado? Not what I expected. Anyway after driving a hour and a half I finally checked into the motel and crashed.

The next morning I woke up ready to head to Breckenridge, and was startled to see it snowing. SNOWING. My brain was spinning. Tumbleweed to a snowstorm. Dayum. The drive to Breckenridge took a lot longer than it should - the visibility was almost zero, and the snow was going down, temperatures were down to the teens and the 20's. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive! Quite a welcome to Breckenridge!

It's now really gorgeous and nice outside - in the 40's and 50's - I'm now better prepared for the 20's and teens weather when it comes, much rather than going right into it after the Kansas weather. I'm getting the lay of the area, looking for a place to live for the winter, and hopefully will find something nice soon.

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.