Sunday, December 2, 2007

snow and ice ...

I guess my previous post prompted the weather gods to spill some of the snow that we've been craving for a while now. Or maybe the gods were offended by ben's comments that snow will end up in a museum.

While the snow have been amazing, it was unbelievable how much ice was on the road. Sure, I grew up in a region that has ice and all that jazz, but I mean, when I drove back from a friend's birthday party, the road was solid ice. Everyone was creeping down Route 9 carefully, even some big assed Ford F-350's (tho I don't know how they'd afford the gas ...).

Some pictures!


View from my bedroom window ... when it's snowing, or white out'ed, you can't see the mountains behind the trees.


Breckenridge! You can't even see the peaks.


Under all the snow, it's pure ice. On way to Frisco just out of Breckenridge on Route 9.


White Out! Or Blue Out? It was getting a bit dark ...


Well, I hope you get at least a glimpse of the area here - I've found that my pictures do not do it justice, and y'all need to git yo' ass out here to see it for yourselves!

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.