Monday, December 29, 2008

"Delicious!"

M texted me on Christmas afternoon about the goat that he killed. Video evidence has been made, and while he said he drew the line on eating all the things that his family wanted him to, he was happy that he was able to at least kill the goat and appease his family.

My goat was killed by our family farmer and served up to all of us without anyone seeing the mess - apparently part of the tribal culture is that women are not to be involved in the killing of animals, so that was that for me (and apparently for all of my family, as nobody was involved in the procedure).

The goat, I agreed with M, tasted delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris Brown forwarded this to me over in Point Reyes. You're such a good writer, I felt like I had been w you in your small village in Kenya. How exciting to get such an intimate view! I look forward to reading more -- and must say, to some photos too! Thanks a lot! Julia Bartlett

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.