Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Slight Drop in the Temperature + Socks = Happiness

You know those things that go on your feet before you put on shoes?  You will need to excuse my memory as until a few blissful weeks ago, I have yet to wear socks at home.  Yes, you read that correctly, I’ve been living here since January 9th, and aside from the trip to Nairobi, I have not wore socks up to a few weeks ago. 

So you can imagine my excitement when I realized that it was a tad chilly one night a few weeks ago… just chilly enough to wear socks to bed!  The amount of time I took in picking the pair of socks is a little embarrassing, so let’s not speak of it, and just revel in the fact that it was actually cold enough to wear a pair of socks to bed.

Amazing how such little things like feeling chilly enough to wear socks can make you extremely happy.  

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.