Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not quite Charlotte's Web, but ...

A few weeks ago, our cowherder, Samini came to me in my classroom during the naptime period for the nursery class students, bearing a grin similar to one found on a proud baba. He told me that one of the cows just gave birth to a healthy female calf. After I congratulated him, he said that because the school has something akin to a tradition of naming their cattle after the teachers at the school, Samini has decided to name the newborn calf after me. After gaping speechlessly (and waving my hands meaninglessly), I finally recovered and said that it would be an honor.

Without further ado, introducing the newest member of the Kibarani family, Charlotte!



And, Charlotte with Charlotte – hopefully you’ll be able to tell which is the calf, and which is the teacher! Pole sana for the crappy quality of photos from my camera phone!

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.