Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Olivia!

I'm trying to write this post about how fast one year has passed, and everything I write sounds trite, and nothing I can write really shows what happened, but here's my shot at it.  

Olivia, last year, I waited for you, and was overjoyed when I received word that you were finally born, healthy and while the birth was tough, that your mom pulled though too.   I remember sitting on my bed in the hotel room I shared with another PCV and basically jumping up and down in joy when I finally got the email.  I think she was secretly relieved that you finally came - she was probably tired of me talking about you and checking email on my phone five or six times a day. 

I watched you grow over the course of the year with photos posted in Facebook by your dad, photos sent to me by your grandma and great-godfather, and I was excited to finally meet you over the holidays.  

This year, I'll be thinking of you as we relax after our white-water rafting trip down the Nile, enjoying my second last term break before my service ends.  Regardless of the fantastic year we both have had - you traveling to SF, meeting all the relatives and enjoying life with N & M, moving into a gorgeous new farm house just before your birthday, and everything that has been happening out here in my life in Kenya, I have only one small regret - I wish I was in a position to see you more often!  Well, hopefully that'll be the case after I COS. 



So, baby Olivia, I just wanted to wish you a fantastic birthday, and make sure your mom and dad give you some delicious chocolate to celebrate!  

Miss you!


4 comments:

Yunxin (Victor) Ni said...

Hi,are you willing to help me, a graduate student in University of Minnesota, understand the electrical needs of the people in Kenya?

Nate Lewis said...

Alas, Olivia gets diaper rash if Melissa eats chocolate...i can't imagine what woudl happen if she ate it herself! We'll just have to give her more of her favorite foods - avocado and saurkraut!

Much love,
N

M Tech Computers said...

mtechcomputers

regards
m tech computers

M Tech Computers said...

mtechcomputers

regards
m tech computers

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.