Friday, May 28, 2010

Lamu, Kilifi & South Coast

We continued our trip to Lamu, and stayed at an amazingly gorgeous hotel - the food was nice, we had a good time relaxing and checking out Lamu - my third time, and of course I had to take my parents there.  My teachers at my school said that no trip to Kenya was complete without Lamu, and that I had to take my parents there.  I happily agreed and took them there. 




It rained for part of the time, but this impressive rainbow made it all worth it.


I introduced my parents to some of the kids that were there the first week (surprisingly everyone showed up during the second week - not too shabby), and this was the result.

Apparently I didn't take any photos of the South Coast - whoops!  I thought I had some, but I realized that my parents were the ones taking the South Coast photos, and because we split up after that, them flying out of Mombasa back to the States, and me back to my house, their photos never got downloaded onto my computer.  We had a great time there regardless of the beach boys.  We stayed at a cottage and had fresh food for our meals, fresh fish and prawns - divine!  Overall, it was a great trip - if anyone else want to come visit, please feel free to do so! 

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.