Monday, August 11, 2008

a bit of a update ...

Been a while, yes? Not too much to talk about on my end - else than the road trip #3 (which was far too close to road trip #2 for my comfort, ugh - driving fatigue!), and that I'm missing N, M, and their dog, Kiah way too much.

First stop: Mt. Rainier National Park. Wow. Words or pictures does not do it justice - if anyone is visiting Washington State, this is a MUST STOP. I camped near the Sunrise portion of the mountain, and the weather was perfect, the view near the water was gorgeous.





After Mt. Rainier, I drove to East Washington and camped at an extremely touristy campground by a lake - nothing exciting there, move along people, nothing to see (except I wish I had a video of me jumping up and down screaming after being stung by two wasps who along with a bunch of 'em decided to investigate the picnic table that I was using for a nest location ... apparently they didn't think it was feasible.)

A couple stops later, Yellowstone. Boy do I have mixed feelings about that park. There were way too many people there. Seriously, people, that National Park had three, count 'em, three post offices. Wuh?! Some of the intersections there had off-ramps. There were traffic jams there on Monday and Tuesday. Double wuh?! Granted, I think it's excellent that people are coming out to explore nature in droves, but enjoying nature has somewhat less to do with people, but more to do with nature, that's for me anyway. Regardless - Yellowstone was GORGEOUS - and one / two days are just enough to visit - don't think I'll be making a visit back any time soon.


And a shout-out to Gallaudet!

Drove through the second most boring state in the US of North Dakota (no offense to anyone who live there - I think Kansas wins the title of the falling-asleep-while-you-are-driving state), stopped by and saw a couple of friends near Minneapolis, met up with an old college buddy out in Madison, fun was had with all - and then I decided to just book it. Drove 12 and 10 hours in two consecutive days. I had to take a couple of days of doing nothing and doing it all day to recover.

So, now you're pretty much caught up. It's all pretty boring these days - hopefully that'll change soonish.

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.