Monday, August 11, 2008

Illogical web spamming drives me nuts. Just sayin'.

An Open Letter to CNN.com:

Dear CNN.com,

While I may have clicked on several of your links for news, I never gave you permission to send news alert emails (which fortunately because gmail apparently is able to read my mind and saw that I never gave permission or signed up for anything ended up in my spam mailbox).

As I navigated your site to try to figure out if I had actually had an out-of-body experience and registered for your news alert distribution list, I discovered that you, CNN.com, did not have my email address in your files as to having an account with your website, so I reached the conclusion that fortunately, my sanity was still mostly intact and that I had never signed up for the alerts.

Nothing can describe my confusion when you prompted me to sign up for an account in order to turn off the news alerts emails. So, now, you are asking me to sign up for an account that I do not want, to turn off services that I had never requested for, nor gave permission for.

Please kindly refrain from killing off the rest of the marbles in my brain by stopping this news alert service immediately.

Love,

zlotte

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.