Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Las Vegas, and Silas!

My first time at the Hoover Dam. It did not disappoint.







I camped at Lake Mead (which took a bit of creativity with one arm, but not too bad ...) and the neighbors in the campsite showed me a spot where you could head over and see all these huge, and I mean huge, four feet long basses, carps, and catfishes ...


After Lake Mead, I went to a hotel in Vegas and just chilled in sin city ... had a nice 24 hours, won 11 bucks, and Vegas will always be Vegas. Glitz and outrageousness. Vegas.

Cousin Jake and me - outside of his apartment in Riverside the night before staying with Silas. Was fun to connect with the cousin without "encouragement" from the families, and now that we're a bit older, we're enjoying each other much more.


And damnit no picture of Silas yet - he's at work, so I'm going to wait til he gets home to take a pic of us! We went to Disneyland (popping my Disney cherry, yea, never been to any Disney theme parks ...) on Friday, and on Saturday we went to the renaissance faire ... as usual Silas is his crazy self, and I had loads of fun. As soon as I get a picture of Silas, it will be posted here.

UPDATE! Picture of Silas and me -


Tomorrow, Route 1 beckons!

1 comment:

Der Sankt said...

YOu have amazing photos of hoover dam. LoL.

I have been there twice and it's nothing close to as beautiful as your photos!

-Ben

DISCLAIMER

This blog consists of my personal thoughts and opinions. It does not in any way reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.